Lipa Noi beach is on the west coast of Koh Samui, Thailand, and a 45-minute drive from the island’s international airport via a scenic coastal road which rings the island.
The villa is just a 10-minutes drive to Na Thon, Samui's administrative capital which retains the charm of an old fishing village with a strong Chinese heritage, while being the main ferry port to the mainland and islands. Here you will also find bustling local street markets, a supermarket, restaurants and cafes, and many delightful shops to browse for souvenirs.
The island's main tourism areas of Chaweng on the east coast and Bophut's Fisherman’s Village on the northern coast are a mere 30-45 minute drive away.
Closer to home, there are several local and international dining options in the Lipa Noi local area, including the world famous Nikki Beach Club which hosts regular events with international DJs as well as lavish Weekend Buffet lunches.
Nikki Beach2 km
Na Mueang-1 Waterfall10 km
Lamai Beach17.50 km
Santiburi Golf Course21.60 km
Bophut | Fisherman’s Village25.30 km
Big Buddha Temple29.30 km
Samui International Airport30.50 km
Things to do
Although Koh Samui is renowned for its palm-fringed beaches and crystal blue seas, the island has much to offer to visitors of all ages. Whether on a family holiday with little ones or teenagers, a group of friends looking for shared experiences, or those seeking the action of the island’s beach clubs and nightlife, Samui has something for you.
Your Villa Manager can make all the necessary arrangements for you to enjoy your chosen pursuits. Here are some suggestions:
- See Old Samui in Nathon l Just 10 minutes away, this bustling seaport where car and passenger ferries sail between the island and the Thai Mainland has its own charm and appeal for visitors. Its narrow streets offer a profusion of colourful clothing boutiques, local arts and crafts stores, and souvenir shops. The town also boasts its own Chinatown where old Chinese shophouses bear witness to the town’s exotic history as a strategic trading port and which now sell an eclectic range of bric a brac. Dining at one of the waterfront seafood restaurants, you can experience a taste of authentic spicy, local cuisine, while the weekly ‘walking street market’ has become an attraction with innumerable vendors selling local and international delicacies and goods.
- Fisherman’s Village & Night Market l Every night of the week is the ‘Night Market’ or Walking Street at Fisherman’s Village, just 30 minutes away from your villa. Along the charming narrow beach road, traditional Thai wooden houses are now chic boutique stores, trendy restaurants and bars. As dusk falls, the village explodes into a riot of colour and activity as vendors from all over the island set up shop selling everything from Thai and international street food to chic fashion electronics and local souvenirs and much more. And don’t miss the fire-eating entertainment every evening on the beach in front of Coco Tam.
- Luxury Island Cruising | Charter a luxury catamaran for the day and sail out to one of the many islands which surround Koh Samui. Perhaps the spectacular coconut-palm-covered island of Koh Phangan (Full-Moon Island) for a sublime day of swimming, snorkelling and exploring its beautiful, untouched beaches. Pull in for lunch at one of several beachside restaurants or pack a luxury picnic and choose your anchorage for a taste of unspoiled paradise. Or discover Samui’s world-famous Angthong National Marine Park, a spectacular archipelago of karst (limestone) islands with caves, lagoons, white sandy spits and endless snorkelling.
- Meet Samui’s Gentle Giants at Elephant Haven l The young ones will love the ethical elephant sanctuary of ‘Elephant Haven’. Home to some 18 magnificent Asian elephants and their offspring, Elephant Haven offers visitors a wonderful up-close-and-personal experience with these extraordinary, gentle giants in a safe and delightful jungle setting. The sanctuary offers tours hosted by professional, informative and caring guides. Visitors are invited to feed the elephants, follow them around the sanctuary as the young ones play and frolic in their pools, and observe them enjoying their natural habitat.
- World-class Golfing in Samui | A 20-minute drive from the villa will take you to Santiburi Samui Country Club, one of the most beautiful golf courses in Asia and the island’s only championship 18-hole, par-72 golf course. Stretching along the hills of the northern coastline with spectacular elevations from 25-180 metres above sea level, it is often called a ‘slice of heaven’. This challenging course is surrounded by natural rainforest and coconut palm plantations, with distracting views of the mountains and ocean at every turn, which makes it an oasis of pure golfing pleasure.
- Samui’s Spirit of Adventure | Sports and adventure enthusiasts of all ages will be thrilled by the variety of action activities available on Samui. Choose from kite surfing at Nathon, off-road safaris on three and four-wheeled ATVs or 4WDs, bungee jumping, zip-lining through the rainforest, canopy walks and waterfall hikes to Muay Thai boxing tournaments and high-speed go-karts to name a few.
- Tour the Island’s Temples and Waterfalls | Take a tour of this beautiful island to see the waterfalls and temples. Nearby is Samui’s most iconic landmark, the golden Big Buddha and its impressive neighbour, Plai Laem Wat. Further south in Lamai, visit the enigmatic ‘Mummy Monk’ at Wat Khunaram the island’s most famous mummified monk, and nearby Wat Sila Ngu or Red temple. Then head home through the mountains via stunning waterfalls, magnificent scenery and aerial views of the island.
- Spa & Beauty | Treat yourself to a relaxing massage, a facial or manicure and a pedicure in the privacy of your villa. Choose your spot on the beachfront lawn or the beach, in your room, lie back and let yourself be pampered by experienced beauty therapists in inimitable Thai style.
- Health & Fitness | Hone your fitness regime with a personal fitness instructor, breathe and revitalise with a private yoga session or stretch and tone in the pool with an aqua-aerobics class. Samui offers a wide range of health and fitness professionals available to visit your villa.
- Thai Cooking Class | Master the art of Thai cuisine to take home and delight your friends and family. Learn how to make spicy Thai salads, rich and delicious curries and exotic coconut desserts. Your resident chef will be delighted to share some of his or her culinary secrets with you.
Things to do in your villa: